This Banana Walnut Cake is easy-peasy when you want to bake something delicious for your family without going overboard with frosting, etc. The texture of this cake is amazing as the sour cream makes it very moist, and it stays moist for two-three days.
Ingredients you will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
16 tbsp 230 gms unsalted butter ( 2 sticks – room temperature)
2 tbsp sour cream
½ cup whole milk
4 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp hot water
Method for baking:
- Prep – Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare cake pan by greasing it with butter and then dusting with AP flour. In a bowl dust walnuts with AP flour, coating each piece properly, keep aside.
- Cream together sugar, butter, and water.
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Sift in the flour. Mix well with a stand or hand mixer. Don’t over mix.
- Add milk and sour cream. Combine.
- Add baking powder and give it a good mix for 20-30 seconds.
- Pour into cake pan, tap the pan on the counter to flatten the batter and avoid air bubbles inside. Top with chopped walnuts.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 350 F for 45 mins or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.